08 December 2011

Diesel Smoke Dangerous Curves

DS HEADER 1 HELLBILLY TRUCKER MINI COVER

In the recent few weeks the suggestion that I’m either lazy , or have lost my love of truckin is just not thinking. As far back as mid 1974 my entire life, even mixed in with things Hazzard , has been based on moving freight.

From the TeenAge Truckers Association, to the Knytes-of-Anarchy which is not a MC but a classic and custom truck organization coupled with a trucking historical preservation organization.

From the chain drive wallet to the ball cap on my head and many other things that few know, except those who know me. Trucking and trucks has been and will be part of my life and dreams.

However , I will say this, I contracted to do some tater truckin at the start of the Idaho tater harvest season. First, the truck the farming operation put me in was so old it creaked when it hit a bump, had no juke box radio, shifted terrible , had no muscle , plus that tiny ladder on the back of the bed to tarp with was too short, too skinny and unsafe. That discouraged me to begin with. The brakes were shot, and needed service, the list goes on, but I love trucks and truckin , but love livin better. Then there was the realization that instead of the promised $9.00 an hour I was supposed to be makin, I was really only taking home a little over $6.00 an hour. I may love truckin, but I also have my pride. I’ll be damned if I’m going to get all dirty, with dirt flyin in my face, from the rear of a harvester, get my nuts racked by a too skinny, too short bed ladder, hot sun, no water, no food and so on, for $6.00 an hour. Which is why, my truckin is done via toew truck, not spud truck.

Now then there is the legalities. The BMCS along with D-O-T, sezz any body driving a truck over 26,000 pounds GVW, for hire must have a COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE, at least a class B for a Ten Wheeled spud truck, and / or a Farm or Agricultural Exemption Certificate, for operation within a 100 mile limit from field to market. Violation penalty? $25,000.00 each for both employer, and driver, and / or 1 year in a state prison. Neither was in my plans, so ultimately, I bagged the job. It was a con job, and yes FYI, the UAITA is looking into the condition of the situation, and will look at bringing fines against American Staffing, the farmer that contracted with them for allowing people to drive commercial trucks that are not safe, and not licensed appropriately.

So no, I am not lazy, just cautious.

Okay then, plans are under way to engage a thing that’s been on the books for several years.

The project is called, TruckFest . TruckFest will drop the hammer in 2013 at the Bingham County Fairgrounds in Blackfoot Idaho. Good food, trick trucks, hot honeys, lots of entertainment, and all.

More next month here in HazzardAyre.

Good Numbers to ya’ll

ayretag2   bst LexiBelle

a HAZZARD REBEL TAILHELLBILLY TRUCKER MINI COVER

HBT TAIL